Saturday, August 2, 2008

UPS Tracking Number 7059187205

Warning! If you get an email with the 'UPS Tracking Number 7059187205" in the subject line from 'UPS' don't open it. 

I received this email after our IT guy notified us of it. I sent this email to my home email address and my McAfee virus software did detect it. 

Here is what McAfee reported to me: ****************** McAfee VirusScan******************************* Alert generated at: Monday, July 21, 2008 5:03:34 PM ****************************************************************************** 

McAfee VirusScan has detected a potential threat in this e-mailsent by "Jeff Hartman" The following actions were attempted on each suspect part: The attachment "ups_invoice.zip" is infected with one or more Trojans: Generic Downloader.ab. This attachment has been quarantined. 

So, when receiving emails you don't expect... Don't open them especially if it is a .zip or .exe type file.

These are tricks folks play to download bad software on your computer such as trojans and viruses. 

Thank goodness the Maytag Neptune front loader is not attached to the Internet... Although, I've seen the web enabled frigerator that connects to the Internet so I imagine it is only a matter of time before everything is connected. 

So when your Maytag Neptune gets a virus and won't wash your clothes please see my http://www.neptunewaxmotor.com/ or http://www.neptunebearing.com/ sites for a cure.

Until next time...




No comments: