Sunday, November 2, 2008

Any Maytag Neptune questions?

Hi Neptuners, I would like to take this moment and ask you if there is anything you would like to know about your Maytag Neptune that was not answered for you on my http://www.neptunewaxmotor.com/ site? 

I also had to add 'Out of Stock' on the Neptune bearing & seal kits because the Maytag seal kits are on factory backorder from Whirlpool. I have not received any seal kits for over 30 days and I am just about out of them which I reserved for my tony tool rental program which is at http://www.neptunebearing.com/

Once I receive these seal kits I will update the websites again. I also heard that Whirlpool is laying off lots of people which might explain why they can't get the parts out to keep your machines running?

Until next time...

2 comments:

Old Vet said...

Hi, Just came from your wax motor site. I have a MLE2000AYW Stacker and it failed to spin for the first time. I ran it thru a few cycles and after 2 tries it is now working again...not a good omen... I am going to order the wax motor replacement. Any info on getting at it? Also is there any reason to replace the resistor if it doesn't look burnt?
Tanks for the good web site.

Jeff said...

Hi, The 2000 Stacker machine control board is located above the dryer on the right side.
 Unplug machine
 Remove (2) screws on top corners and pull door frame towards you
 Open door and remove door frame
 Unscrew the two hold down brackets on both sides
 Unscrew (2) screws on top on the right side – these mount the control board bracket
 Prop top panel up
 Label all wires and connectors for reinstalling.

The 2000 Stacker wax motor is located above the washer door in the center
 Unplug machine
 Remove the (2) screws holding center panel and remove panel
 Remove the (1) center screw holding the top panel located inside compartment above washer
 Remove the top panel to expose the door latch assembly

I would love for someone to take step-by-step photos of how to take the Stacker apart ( both the door latch wax motor and the machine control board) for the website. Let me know if you are interested. Jeff