Sunday, November 16, 2008

I finally booted the Kenmore 70 series top loader

Yes, I decided to boot my 20+ year old Kenmore 70 series top load washer and dryer for new front loaders. These were still operational, too. 

The dryer was taking longer to dry the clothes but other than that they worked. This pair made it through (4) moves, (2) marriages and (1) divorce. The only part I had to replace is the water temp selection switch about a year ago. Even the dryer belt was original!

I looked at the available front loaders, knowing I probably would not purchase a Maytag Neptune since all of the 12002535 wax motors (over 2,500) I have sold over the last 3 years via my www.neptunewaxmotor.com website. I did think about picking up a free curbside Maytag Neptune and refurbing it but my wife did not like that idea.

Once the machines were removed from the small room we cleaned up and painted the room before placing the new machines. I ended up stacking the new machines because the room was too small to place them side by side.

Come back for the next series of posts to find out which front loader I picked up and what I did with the worn Kenmore set...

Until next time...

No comments: