Saturday, February 16, 2008

Calling all Maytag Neptune Owners!

Well, it is freezing back in Columbus, Ohio and I would like to go back to Orlando! I was getting used to the mid 70's in February for the 5 days I was down there!

In the meantime, Neptune owners are writing me because I put together a Neptune bearing and seal kit so you can land your Neptune in spin cycle... What am I talking about... landing your Neptune?

The tell tale sign that your Neptune's bearings are going is that it sounds like an jet airplane taking off in spin cycle. That is if your spin cycle is still working due to the door latch wax motor failure waiting to happen... See previous posts for important info on the 12002535 wax motor issue.








Here is a picture of a dead Neptune bearing. Maytag wants you to buy a new outer tub. If you have a service guy perform the repair it will set you back $900 - $1,200. You can do it yourself for much less and spin a few more years out of that Neptune.







I usually have the bearings in stock... It's those darn seal kits I'm always waiting for to arrive. 

On my http://www.neptunebearing.com/ site order form I will have 'Out of Stock' when I am waiting for the seal kits. If you go ahead and order, I will place you on the pre-order list and your order will ship as soon as I receive the seal kits on a first ordered - first shipped basis. I will also email you an ebook which offers different ways to do the change out and other tips to help you.

Until next time...

No comments: