Saturday, March 8, 2008

Maytag Neptune 12002535 wax motor failure update

Well, so far I have only identified two Neptune MAH3000 machines where the dispenser area wax motors have failed. 

I know there must be more bleach and softener wax motor failures out there! Tell me about your Neptune failure... I have time because central Ohio just received 14" of the white stuff. 

I was hoping spring would be here soon. It will probably take a month for the piles of snow to melt off... 

I'm thankful I still have my internet and electricity and not necessarily in that order although some Ibuprofen is needed for the old back after shoveling all of that snow!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Slipfan said...

Hey Jeff,
Watched on the news all the snow you guys got. We got the same amount of precip, just rain here in central PA. And that is the reason I am contactng you. We got about 3 inces of water in our basement last week. My neptune front loader washer was sitting on the basement floor and was affected. I let it sit for about 5 days befoe trying to start it. Today I went to run a load and everything seemed fine. It began to fill and the just stopped. I then tried to run it on spin cycle and it would go and then stop. Is it worth calling a repair man or do you think it is shot? We've already done the computer board replacement. Any ideas of what could be the problem, specificaly?

Thanks,
Elisha

Jeff said...

Hi Elisha,

Sorry to hear about your basement flooding.

The Neptune front loaders have a motor control board located near the floor on the right side. The motor sets near the floor as well. If the water was high enough it could have submersed your board and/or motor. See www.neptunewaxmotor.com for disassembly pictures.

If this board was flooded, it will have to be replaced along with the motor. Maytag redesigned the motor and motor control board to make it more reliable. The new kit runs $190 and I sell it on my website as well. It takes about an hour to install the motor and motor control board.


Jeff