Sunday, December 21, 2008

Customer feedback regarding the Maytag Neptune door latch wax motor failure - repair

Jeff, I recently purchased your Maytag Neptune Repair Kit. I just installed the new wax motor and the control board with the new R11 and Q6. The machine now spins out the water but the door will not unlock at the end of the cycle. In fact it seems like it just kind of slowly spins one way and then the other at random once the final spin cycle is complete. 

The only way I can get the door to open is to unplug the machine! After two loads I took a look at the control board and R11 and Q6 look to be in great shape. Any thoughts? (I have the MAH4000) Thanks, Andy Here is my response: 

Hi Andy, I would verify that R11 is in fact connected to the Q6 triac pins #1 and #2. Use an ohmmeter if you can. If the R11 is not completely connected to Q6 then the wax motor will stay on all of the time and keep tumbling at the end of cycle. Jeff

Until next time...

No comments: