Saturday, June 20, 2009

Maytag Neptune Bearing - I Shipped A Tony Tool to Canada

Maytag Neptune Bearing Update - I just shipped my first Tony Tool rental kit to Canada via UPS Ground. The location I shipped it to was Glen Huron, Ontario Canada.

It is no surprise because there is a large number of Maytag Neptune owners in Canada that I have sold the Q6 & R11 repair kits to. I have received a number of tool rental requests but I declined to ship the tools to Canada for a number of reasons...

1. The UPS Ground shipping time will be greater than the Flat Rate Priority Mail I use for the domestic orders which ties up the tool for longer. It weighed 15 pounds which tells me David is getting the solid steel knock out plug...

2. Customs - Getting the tools through customs was concerning because these were rental and we should not have to pay duty on them when you declare the value of $425.00.

3. I also included a bearing spacer just in case David's spacer is damaged or corroded.

4. DVD - I don't know if the Tony Tool DVD will play in Canadian players because DVDs have a country code.

5. Shipping expense - The UPS Ground shipping expense was about $35.00 USD Verses $15.55 for Flat Rate Priority Mail shipping in the States. I will have to hold back more of the refund to cover the additional shipping expense to Canada or get a higher deposit up front.


To rap it up... Before we get excited about renting the Neptune Bearing Tony Tool to Neptune owners in Canada let's see what happens with David's Neptune and see if I get the tool back from Customs, etc.

In the meantime, if you are in the States you can order your Tony Tool rental at www.neptunebearing.com.



Until next time...

No comments: