Saturday, January 10, 2009

Do you own a Maytag Neptune MAH8700 or MAH9700?

Have you seen the Maytag Neptune recall page? 

See http://www.washerrecall.com/ for information. Certain serial numbers are only affected and there is a box where you can enter your country, model and serial to see if your Neptune has the recall. 

The issue is a potential fire hazard if water drips onto a thermal sensor connector. Please check it out if you own a MAH8700 or a MAH9700 Neptune. 

If you own a MAH3000, MAH4000, MAH5500A or a 2000 stacker Neptune please check http://www.neptunehelp.com/ to see if your Neptune has the defective door latch wax motor which will eventually short out and damage the control board. You can proactively replace this component and prevent the control board failure.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought the Maytag Neptune front load washer and dryer three years ago, and have not nothing but problems with them. Sears has come out several times, and the repairmen just informed me that until the computer goes totally out there isn't anything they can do. What a bunch of hogwash. Why isn't Maytag buying these machines back, why aren't they replacing them? I'll never trust them again.

Angi said...

I hate my neptune washer and dryer. THey have given me nothing but trouble since I bought them! I wish they would buy mine back.